Curative Factors in Dynamic Psychotherapy
Please provide your name and email to get free downloads.
Downloaded 10098 times since
No single question raises more of a challenge to dynamic psychotherapy than that of identifying and understanding the critical factors in the curative process that lead to change and cure. What are the seemingly intangible variables that enable patients to overcome symptomatology and maladaptive behaviors, so as to develop and grow as productive human beings?
This volume brings together such eminent therapists, clinicians, and researchers who have contributed new and creative thinking to this area of concern. Their innovative work has led to an advancement of psychoanalytic knowledge and techniques and thereby to more effective approaches in unraveling the components of psychotherapeutic cure. The contributors address themselves to the exploration, definition, and explication of the alternate and often complex avenues that lead to patient change and cure. This book is unique in not being limited to a single theoretical viewpoint, but instead presents and reflects a broad spectrum of current psychoanalytic thought. Diverse theories and approaches are individually discussed and then brought together to provide a beginning integration. Not limited solely to a clinical or research perspective, the book offers ways of evaluating clinical findings through research so as to strengthen the scientific foundations of psychoanalytic theory and technique.
For the clinician, the crucial issues in working with a wide variety of patients are elaborated. Actual case material is included to illustrate how change can be facilitated. The techniques of treatment presented in the book reflect the current state of the art in dynamic psychotherapy. For the researcher, the findings from tachistoscopic studies, the dream laboratory, and outcome studies will be of particular interest. The introduction reviews seminal literature and subsequent developments in psychoanalysis, thus providing a useful historic perspective for both the field in general and for the particular area of expertise of these noted psychoanalysts. The final chapter synthesizes the differing views and findings.
- The Theory of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy | Kernberg, Otto | 1086 downloads
- The Disorders of the Self and Their Treatment | Kohut, Heinz , Wolf, Ernest | 324 downloads
- Change in Psychoanalytic Treatment | Marmor, Judd | 246 downloads
- Insight and Self-Observation | Hatcher, Robert | 130 downloads
- Language and Healing | Levenson, Edgar | 137 downloads
- The Analysis of the Transference | Gill, Merton | 753 downloads
- Countertransference and the Process of Cure | Langs, Robert | 125 downloads
- Identification and Related Psychic Events | | 503 downloads
- Regression | Tuttman, Saul | 1299 downloads
- The Unconscious Fantasy as Therapeutic Agent in Psychoanalytic Treatment | Silverman, Lloyd | 285 downloads
- How the Dream Works | Palombo, Stanley R., M.D. | 173 downloads
- On “Working Through” as a Form of Self-Innovation | Fried, Edrita | 115 downloads
- Turning Points in Psychotherapy | Stone, M.H. | 103 downloads
- Change Factors in the Treatment of Depression | Bemporad, Jules R., M.D. | 455 downloads
- Curative Factors in the Treatment of Schizophrenic Patients | Lidz, Ruth , Lidz, Theodore, M.D. | 382 downloads
- Toward the Resolution of Controversial Issues in Psychoanalytic Treatment | Silverman, Lloyd , Wolitzky, David | 72 downloads
- Therapeutic Influences in Dynamic Psychotherapy | Eagle, Morris N., Ph.D. , Wolitzky, David | 337 downloads